Sunday 17 August 2014

Not Easy and Definitely Worth It

Aug 16, 2014

Oh boy what a week.

Chemo weeks are always tough, but this week was a struggle. Chemo day sent me spiralling into the dark. Soon my physical well being followed suit.

Laying in bed Friday night I felt broken inside and out. It was the Pity Party of the century and I was the star of the show.

Saturday I held fast to the words "No one said it would be easy. Just that it would be worth it".

And at Phil's urging, got on a bike (Nigel did you have a part of this lol?) Biking along the pathway near our house with my kids and Phil, I finally felt the healing from the past week's trauma begin.

I focused with everything I had on my blessings.

Chemo is hard, but its working. It's nothing compared to what Matt had to endure for his leukaemia treatment.

I was able to go biking with my beautiful children and get an ice cream on the way home. I didn't have to focus to get my body to co-operate like my cousin Jo's friend Natasha sometimes must when her (possible) early Onset Parkinson's acts up.

I was enjoying the beautiful August weather. The woman from chemo day may still be in the hospital wishing she could trade places with me.

Once I focused on my blessings, they just piled up. And my heart filled up with joy and gratitude, pushing the fear and anger out.

My attitude changed from "why me" to "lucky me".

We all have our struggles but there is always a silver lining. You just may have to dig a little deeper some days.  I'm sorry it sounds so bloody cheesey and cliche, but it really is true.

So Hello Sunshine! Glad you're back - Eeyore's cloud overstayed it's visit.


From YouTube (BostonGirl) Bring on the Rain - Jo Dee Messina/Tim McGraw

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to fill your bucket back up with blessings.. It's amazing how other people's struggles can sometimes put our own into perspective, as you do for me.. xo

    ReplyDelete