Wednesday 24 September 2014

"..Nobody's gonna see me coming, Nobody's gonna hear a sound, No matter how hard they tryin', No stoppin me since I found...My Inner Ninja.."- Inner Ninja by Classified

Sept 23, 2014

I woke up at 5:30 AM and got outta bed and showered. 

It's my last chemo day.

I collected all I needed for chemo and made sure Emmy was all set for school.

Its my last chemo day.







Helped the kids get dressed and fed and off we all went to drop Em at the bus stop. We even let Ethan wear his spider man costume lol

It's my last chemo day.
As we waited for the bus, a huge rainbow showed up directly in front of us. My guardian Angel I suspect. He was celebrating before we were even completely awake ha. Phil got a picture.

It's my last chemo day.



Me and Phil goofed around taking some pics with my new pink canser kickin gloves...I think I need to work on my form...but who cares....cause

It's my last chemo day.

Got picked up by Kelly for yoga and had a great class. All restorative poses, so I was uber relaxed for my chemo. Perfect. Got a few cheers at the class when they heard it was my last chemo day. Kelly too for her last chemo last Friday!

It's my last chemo day.

Phil picked me up at Wellspring after Yoga and we hit Tim Horton's. While we were eating our lunch in the parking lot "Inner Ninja" came on the radio. We were parked down the road from Tom Baker. It was half an hour till my chemo. It made us both smile.

It's my last chemo day.







We went into Tom Baker and Maureen met up with us at the chemo check in desk and walked with us into the chemo waiting room. We chatted and got called in a few minutes later. We got the nurses mini Crave cupcakes, including a dozen gluten free, which there were some gluten free nurses, so that made us extra happy. They loved them. I told them it was my last chemo day and they were so happy for me. 




They asked if I would ring the bell (to signify your last one). I told them not there incase there was anyone who would never get the chance to ring it (those who are on chemo for life). You can bet we will ring the S%$t outta one at my home End Of Chemo party I plan on throwing in a few weeks. (details to come...)

It's my last chemo day.
They hooked me up and the first 15 minute "slower drip" (to make sure I didn't react) was done without incident. The nurse from my very first round of chemo - Stephanie - came to our chemo room (there are 3 rooms) and came over to say hi! and congratulate us! It was awesome seeing her - and a great way to finish what we started.

It's my last chemo day.





We took pics in our chive shirts (gonna send it to Chive ap!) and my pink boxing gloves. And then just like that, my last chemo was DONE!!!

It's my last chemo day.

And I sincerely hope that its my last chemo day ever.

I'm 1/3 of the way through treatment.

Feels good.

I did it!!!!









Inner Ninja - by Classified. YouTube Official video



Benadryl making me a bit dopey and prone to gazing off lol

Emmy sent her unicorn and stuffed dog for re-enforcements...

8th and FINAL ROUND DONE!!!!

PS Fundraiser blog post to be written once I have the pics back!! (it was awesome by the way!!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment