Wednesday 23 July 2014

Save A Horse...

July 8, 2014 - delayed post!

I have the best girlfriends. 

Before chemo started I talked about everyone being my champions along the side lines cheering me on as I made my way through the marathon of treatments. I said no one could run it for me, but they could help to carry me when I needed a rest but must continue on.

On Tuesday (before we left for Ol Mac) that's what my wonderful girlfriends did. They carried me for a night. They lifted my somewhat broken spirit and gave me a night of rest from it all. 

I was just a girl. Who was out with 9 of her (hot) girlfriends. Who were all wearing pink bandanna's in solidarity. Having a beer on a patio during Stampede. Like almost everyone else in Calgary. 

I had no idea about it, so when Andrea and I showed up I was so focused on finding us a seat on the already busy patio that it wasn't until my 9 girls yelled "surprise" that I saw them! And I was standing right beside the table...I blinked a few times, a little bewildered...I think everyone on the patio thought it was a stagette lol

I can't put into words what that meant to me. So I put a slide show together of the pictures from that night (and a few from my "stampede" week before they intervened - including the pic that my wonderful coworkers texted me from the company party I couldn't go to cause it was 48hrs after Chemo...there may have been tears when I got it)

I love you all from the bottom of my heart.

xoxoxox


PS not sure if I set this up properly so let me know if you can't open it...not technically adept...None of the songs have worked in mobile so assuming video won't either but let me know on computer if you can't see it. Might be able to convince my brother in law or neighbours to take a peek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment