Sunday 4 May 2014

One Down

May 4, 2014


"And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along this stony path
It's just a moment
This time will pass"
U2 -Stuck in a Moment

Well, it's been a hell of a week.

Last Sunday I was waking up in luxury in the middle of the Rocky Mountains. I was preparing physically and mentally for the week to come. I was looking into the unknown and hoping I'd cope ok...at least for the sake of my kids.

A week later and I feel like I've not just walked the path before me, but blazed through. I've been terrified, frustrated, nauseated and tired, but never defeated.

It's been one of the hardest weeks of my life. 

But I survived.

I survived!

Despite all my fears and uncertainties, I feel strong. Like really strong. 

Like "Don't F#@&ing Mess With Me, Cancer" strong.

I'm still learning. My immune system is about to take a nose dive this week so I have a whole new battle on the horizon. It's just the beginning. I know that.

But today I'm celebrating. 

Celebrating Day 3 of no pills.
Celebrating waking up hungry without nausea.
Celebrating all the love in my life.
Celebrating being alive.

One week down.

I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment