Thursday 1 May 2014

Day 2 And Going Strong.

April 30, 2014 (meant to post this last night)

Day 2 - I woke up feeling great. Well, i woke up at 4 to pee, then figured I should have some crackers to prep my tummy for breakfast in a few hours. Fell back asleep till 6ish and then ate a banana. Didn't eat my green smoothie for breakfast till after 9:30am.

By this time I was still feeling great, and so eyeing the 3 "preventative" nausea pills (one is steroid) with some trepidation. Now don't get me wrong - I'm all about prevention of nausea and vomiting. I do NOT enjoy either. So I'm not about to go all rogue and throw pills away while burning my bra or anything....

However, I already have enough toxins roaming my body that if I don't need more, I'm good with that.

So I called my special Chemo line (feel kinda like a secret agent...might need to invest in a red phone for those calls lol) They told me one of the pills I could try without tonight if I"m not feeling nauseous. Either way though only 1 more day of pills after today at least. 

An hour after taking the damn pills I felt yucky. And bloated. Like there was a stone in my tummy. So I'm pretty sure its something in the pills. But what I don't know is how I'd feel if I didn't take them...I don't really want to be worshipping the porcelain goddess and trying to swallow pills...cause aside from an upset tummy (and some nausea that comes and goes..and a lingering headache likely from the steroid - yuck) I haven't thrown up. Which is a REALLY GOOD THING IN MY BOOKS lol

Although I think its the steroid, she said she wouldn't advise not taking that one. Part of what it does is keep me from retaining water. And acts like an appetite stimulant. Ah, all these wonderful decisions you get to make without any medical background...FUN!

Another Silver Lining (aside from not feeling too bad today) was we were able to take Daisy out for another walk. About 50 minutes!

And of course there's the amazing weather. Just gorgeous. 18 degrees at 4:45. Not a cloud in the sky. Course I've gotta be careful these days with the sun. So it wasn't like I could go sit in the sun today - chemo makes me burn faster. (ha burns my insides and my outsides...crazy drugs!) But just seeing the sunshine and even wearing long sleeves and sunscreen to take Daisy out felt wonderful. 

I learnt the hard way the first day when i put sunscreen on right before the walk...i have a lovely burn across both cheeks...at least I have some colour  - hope it stays until I lose all my hair...At least if I have to be bald would be nice to be a bit tanned lol (although I had a major heart attack first thing when i woke up cause i thought i had a fever...fever's are BAD when you've had chemo - a reading of 38 means I have to go to the emerg with a special letter....but nope turns out i am just an idiot for not putting sunscreen on earlier)


My food intake today was better. Smoothie in AM. For lunch we tested the waters with some gluten free, made from scratch, low sodium Farmers Market chicken noodle soup. 

The "testing" with this is it might have been too rich. But I ate part of it, then finished the rest 15 min later and all was good. Had a yummy supper meal that my friend from work Lisa M dropped off! Crock pot orange Ginger pork loin. We made it with peas, carrots and brown rice. I only had a bit of it but my family and in laws LOVED it! So thanks Lisa...your food is starting to be eaten and is SO MUCH APPRECIATED!! 

And I got some new shirts in the mail...for my chemo days. Although today I had to wear one of them just cause. 


Oh and as for that pill she said I could hold off on - I decided to take it. The reason is the steroid could keep me awake...and the other ones makes me drowsy...so sleep won out over less toxins...But I may not take it tomorrow morning (and if I feel nauseous later I can just take it whenever - its just twice a day so I have some flexibility with it) 

Here's to another good day tomorrow....



No comments:

Post a Comment