Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Warrior Is Born

March 31, 2014 

Yup. The day I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, a Warrior was born. My Inner Ninja surfaced in the blink of an eye. And I haven't looked back. 

My whole attitude is looking at end game - beating this.There is not an ounce of doubt. I smile. I joke. I laugh. I poke fun of myself. I try to see the humour as we go along. And just wait there's humour (ok for some things it takes some distance to see the humour !!)

Yes, I'm worried. I have to take sleeping pill at night to sleep right now, so I am well aware of the enormity of the situation. But Breast Cancer of today is not like in the past. There is so much hope. So many survivors, some of which had it in their lymph nodes too (still stuck on lymph nodes i know - I'll blame it on my spazzy nature....) If there is one thing i know about myself, its that I can be a great champion for a cause. This time its my own cause, but if my story even at this point can help one person going through this, so be it. No one should have to go though this alone. I am SO VERY FORTUNATE to have a HUGE support network. I am recruiting others who are going through it to balance it out as I am at that point where I need to also talk to those going through it. Other Warriors. (so if you know someone who is, or has went through it, I'd love to talk to them....) 

I'm surrounding myself with positivity. I get alot of my strength from people. I'm not one to be shut away dealing with some scary issue, cut off from the one thing i need most - people. So for those in my life, please don't shut me out. Don't think "they need time alone" That is the worst thing for me  - I need your love, your support, your strength, your connection!

And along with the humour I'm trying to see the Silver Lining (s) in every day. And there hasn't been day yet I haven't been able to see at least one Silver Lining .This is partially thanks to Fiona for the book she bought me called "Silver Lining by Hollye Jacobs" - anyone out there going through this, or knows someone - get them this book! Also Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips by Kris Kaar - that's huge thanks to Kimmy - this book makes me laugh out loud - yes, I get odd looks but getting used to those looks now - tells me I'm doing it right ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment