Friday 11 April 2014

Rockstar

April 11, 2014

So I'm not really sure what it feels like to be famous. I've never been to Hollywood (or Vancouver!) and when I was little I wanted to be a vet, not a movie star (although my Mom always said I had enough drama to be one ha)

But I kinda feel like one after hearing I have not 1 but 2 teams of people running in my name for this year's CIBC Run for The Cure in October...one right here in Calgary (Cindo's Rack Attack - LOL), with Andrea as Captain (my sis in law and one of my closest friends) .





And one in Ottawa (The Inner Ninjas :) started by my Cousin Jay (who's like a brother to me) and his wife Dar, along with my eastern Family. 





That has GOT to qualify me for movie star status, right?? I'm going with that...I have a whole team of medical people taking care of me, so I already have the diva part down pat (wonder if I can make food requests like 'only organic red smarties in a green bowl cut into threes' while I do my chemo?)

I have to be honest though - since being diagnosed I haven't done a whole lot of crying. Maybe 3 times, and out of frustration, which for me is below average so basically doesn't count! But when I saw the 2 pages and teams created in my name - I got choked up. Had a lump in my throat that had nothing to do with cancer. I had a good cry - happy, grateful, 'holy s$#t that is unbelievable!' tears. 'Thank you' doesn't even begin....

I am so incredibly touched.



No comments:

Post a Comment