Tuesday 8 April 2014

Am I Glowing?

April 8, 2014

Today was the bone scan. I have been lucky to be in touch with another young mom going through this. We may even be doing chemo together! (what a strange thing to celebrate but i'm just rolling with it...) I was a little anxious for the scan, but this courageous Mama told me "don't fret about getting the bone scan...there is nothing to it. It was a simple procedure to be honest". So I trusted those words, and it was fine. 

My Dad drove me to get injected with radioactive whatever it is...didn't hurt but i wondered if my pee would be glowing?! ha sadly it wasn't - I checked - lots !!(or maybe that's a good thing!!) Then we went back for part two. 

They were running a bit behind, but they took me to the back, so i went and waited like 10 min or so for the machine in a chair and was reading Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips and laughing out loud. More strange stares I'm sure...another sign I'm doing it right ;)

Then they called me in and told me to lay down. Fully clothed - hurray! No robes today, no scary waiting longer than need be by myself. Silver Linings a plenty. Great techs. Took like maybe 15-20 min. 2 scans and that was it. Just a big ol machine that goes from your head down to your toes

Glad that's done. Because it was at the same place as the Radiologist that traumatised me (ha drama queen..I know...) i told them "I don't want any results, send them to my Oncologist" 

Also a sentence i never thought i would utter....Lots of firsts these days ha ha.

I have to get blood work but the booking lines are so overwhelmed you cant even go on hold. So Thursday i think i will just show up at 7AM. I need a day of normalcy tomorrow. Looking forward to work. Another Silver Lining LOL....but I miss my work peeps...they have handled me brilliantly :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment