Thursday 10 April 2014

Bone Scans, Flowers and High Fives Oh My!

April 10, 2014

MY BONE SCAN CAME BACK CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!
(aka looks good, aka no cancer in my bones!)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little happy about the results....

Huge Silver Lining! It feels like the first piece of news to help me take 1 step forward....And I'm not sure if my Two Mo girls Ange, Kris and Kimmy A felt it in their bones (ha!) but the flowers they sent me at work today celebrated with me!


Aren't they gorgeous?? They just look so damn happy...I smile every time I look at themAnd they smell Divine! 

Another unexpected Silver Lining from across the country....

I had to hold myself back from hugging every person that I saw in my office building after the flowers and bone scan results....don't really want a sexual harassment suit on top of everything else....although that would be a little bit funny...

I settled for some high fives and maybe a quick victory dance when no one was looking....at least I don't think anyone was looking (I was too busy shaking my groove thing)...

Oh well, they probably think I'm nuts anyways :)

My nurse (who gave me the results today after the surgeon signed off - I think I thanked her over a dozen times) also told me I'm booked for the CT scan on Monday. Gulp. 

My saviour Andrea told me no biggie - it's basically a bed that moves through a doughnut (lol) I can do that. 

My Mama friend who's going through this hell as well told me how much better I'd feel after all these preliminary tests are done. She was right about the bone scan, no reason to doubt her now!!

Got bloodwork done today. Check (no idea what they were checking but it said "rush pre chemo pls" so I kinda felt important...Not everyone gets a rush!)

And I have my first appointment with my Oncologist (Dr Stuart - wonder if that's a sign given that's Andrea's last name???) on Monday April 21. 9AM. 

I will try not to be late this time....




2 comments:

  1. :) I read your blog to Opa last night. He sends big huggs and his love. I want you to know that your humour and positive energy made him (85 and going through hormone therapy for his prostate cancer) feel warm, inspired, and not so alone. Xx love ya dals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kris tell Opa he is my Silver Lining this morning - reading that my crazy words could make him feel not so alone fills my heart with happiness...

      Delete