Saturday 12 April 2014

And A Partridge In A Pear Tree...

April 12, 2014

Today we hosted a joint birthday party for Em & Ethan. At the house. Like our house. 15ish kids, a boatload of parents and family, a fantastic magician and a partridge in a pear tree...or rather a dove in this case (yes, he had a live dove as part of the act!)

Go big or go home right?? What's a circus on top of everything else....

Although 'hosted' may be too strong a word. My mom came over Friday and gave Mr Clean a run for his money. Phil's parents came over this morning armed with enough food to feed an army. We only provided the place and decorations lol

And it was a really great day! 



The kids loved the magician - and he elicited quite a few laughs from the adults too! The kids all got along. That could be cause they bonded dancing to the "Let It Go" video at the end of Frozen.

'Sorry' to all the parents if their kids now spend the rest of the day singing that song....



Tonight we got invited out to our friend MILF's birthday celebration (ha I nicknamed her that one of the first times I met her) Kids can stay at Andrea's for their first sleepover there...She's coming too cause its one of her friends, so my in laws offered to watch all 4 kids at her house....I think this crazy bug is catching....


I'm not sure who's more excited about the sleepover - us or the kids! I barely had the sentence out : "Do you want to hang out with Mom and Dad tonight or go to Aunty's ("Aunty's Aunty's!!") for a sleepover? ("A SLEEEEEEPOVER??? YAAAAA!!!)

OK then...guess we are second fiddle lol

I'm not drinking (much) these days (I so miss beer...) so it's not like we'll be going hard core. Although I may have 1 glass of red wine...Phil's already checked the menu :) My diet is one of the few things I can control right now, and a subject for its own post (in the works). But there are some options for me where we're going that I feel comfortable with...(and will have run by my BFF Kimmy D who is a holistic nutritionist and my guide right now on most of what goes into my belly :) They include leafy green options but at least I can not feel like the only one who doesn't eat...

Esp. since I may be the only sober one there... (hee hee - to the crew I'm going with - that is not meant to be an insult - if I could I'd get nice and drunk right along with ya...and you'd probably be stuck helping me to the cab...)




No comments:

Post a Comment